1. Barack Obama – Clearly cements his first term policies including Obamacare, and now has the political capital to move the country further to the left.
2. Nate Silver, polls and Conventional Wisdom – Nate Silver now rules the world of political prognosticators, bar none. The polls were absolutely spot on. Who would have thought?
3. Senate Democrat candidates – They virtually ran the table.
4. GOP Governors and House of Representatives – The few bright spots for the GOP. The GOP holds the House, and now holds 33 Governor mansions…the most by any party in decades.
5. Marco Rubio – The most well known of a number of excellent minority candidates for Republicans in 2016. Right now, he is the odds on favorite.
1. Mitt Romney – Romney fought hard, was a much better candidate than McCain…and got less votes than 2008. His campaign staffers and consultants bear a significant portion of the blame as well, but ultimately, the buck stops here.
2. GOP – Can they be more dysfunctional?
3. GOP Senate candidates and the Tea Party – Our senate candidates were horrid. No other way of spinning that. And the Tea Party candidates were even worse.
4. Conservative Pundits - George Will, Michael Barone, Jay Cost, Sean Trende…back to the drawing board.
5. Neoavatara – Hey, my predictions were historically wrong…I will eat my crow, and be happy about it.